Key Stage 4 Raising Achievement Evening
We are sure you will agree that Year 11 is a vitally important year. With this in mind, we want to support students in preparing for the year ahead. Recognising the pressure of Year 11, we want to empower our students with tools to enhance their organisation and wellbeing.
We therefore created a programme for our first Raising Achievement Evening that will act to:
- cement our highest expectations in each student achieving their personal best,
- outline important information that will empower you as a parent / carer to support your child in their exams,
- provide you and your child with a collection of resources to begin your child’s revision in preparation for the first collection of mock examinations in January 2021.
Our Raising Achievement Evening took place online via Microsoft Teams. Every parent / carer and student attended our Main Meeting. Following the Main Meeting parents / carers had access to four different breakout sessions, out of a collection of 12, each lasting 10-minutes.
Following this event, please find the videos for each of the sessions below.
If you have any questions or need any additional support, please contact Mr S Knight (Assistant Principal) at the Academy by email using Simon.Knight@oasismayfield.org.
We look forward to welcoming parents / carers and students to our next Raising Achievement Evening in March 2021.
- Pre-Meeting Motivational Video
- Main Meeting
- Breakout Session 1 Achieving Grades 9-7
- Breakout Session 2 Mindfulness
- Breakout Session 3 Exam Anxiety
- Breakout Session 4 Exam Access Arrangements
- Breakout Session 5 Revision Strategy 1: Flashcards
- Breakout Session 6 Revision Strategy 2: Thinking Maps
- Breakout Session 7 Revision Strategy 3: Interleaving
- Breakout Session 8 Revision Strategy 4: Chunking
- Breakout Session 9 Raising Attainment with GCSEPod
- Breakout Session 10 Raising Attainment with Hegarty Maths
- Breakout Session 11 Question and Answer Session
- Breakout Session 12 Post-16 Destinations
- Curriculum Booklet 2020-21
- Revision Booklet – Part 1