The Library (also known as the Learning Resource Centre or LRC) is staffed all day and open from Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.00pm and 8.00am – 2.00pm on Friday. Students can access the facility with a pass in their planner before school, break and lunch, after school, and with their class teacher’s permission during lessons. A range of after school activities are also run in the library – click here for more information on these.
The aims of the Library are to:
- Stock resources to aid and enhance teaching and learning, to stimulate leisure interests and the personal reading of staff and students.
- Foster positive attitudes to reading, books, learning and information and communication technology.
- Provide an appropriate environment for learning, including facilities for using a variety of media.
- Liaise with other Libraries and monitor current good practice.
What do we have in the Library?
- A large number of fiction books, a smaller collection of non-fiction.
- A computerised book catalogue (SearchStar)
- DVDs and Audio Books.
- A book swap facility.
- Computers connected to the Academy network to use for research and homework which are bookable before school, breaktime, lunchtime and after school.
- A networked photocopier for photocopying and printing schoolwork.
Borrowing from the Library
Students can borrow three books for up to two weeks, the return date will be stamped with the date they are due back. No fines are charged for late books, they need to be renewed if students wish to keep them for longer.
Readers are welcome to request new titles, most titles suggested by students and staff are purchased. New stock is added all year round.