Welcome to award-winning dining at Mayfield!
During last year, our Caterers Sodexo, who provide a fantastic menu of hot and cold food every day at the Academy, worked tirelessly to achieve the Silver Soil Association Standard for Food, which guarantees quality, healthy and tasty cuisine for all our students, staff and visitors.
Also during last year, our Dining Team Manager, Amanda Ainsworth, won a prestigious Sodexo Star Award for the way she engages with students and staff in promoting and providing the wonderful food cooked by Amanda and her team in our Dining Area. It is a huge recognition of her excellent work ethic, team management and skill in the kitchen! She is always smiling, cheerful and professional and we are incredibly lucky to have Amanda and her team serving food at Mayfield every day! The Dining team now provide a 3-week menu, which rolls on continuously throughout the year. Please click below to see what is available for students each week
Alongside the daily menu choices, the Dining Team runs several different promotions, which coincide with daily, weekly or yearly themes; from seasonal dates such as Spring/Easter and Winter/Christmas to awareness dates, such as World Book Day and National Pie Week! There are always great meal deals and promotions on offer, plus a FREE Breakfast Club for every student, every day!
Applying for Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to children whose parents/carers are in receipt of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit – this qualifies providing you are not entitled to/receiving Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs HRMC) that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit (effective from 30 April 2005)
- Employment & Support Allowance Income Related (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Where you are entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment ceases, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week, your child is entitled to Free School Meals
- Universal Credit
If you are unsure whether or not your child is entitled to a free school meal, you can now check your entitlement in a number of ways:
- Complete a paper application form for the Academy to check for you: Application Form for Free School Meals. This form can be collected from our reception, or downloaded above, completed at home and handed into reception.
- Complete an online application form via the Southampton City Council website.
For those parents whose child(ren) is/are already in receipt of this benefit you will not need to complete this form or provide us with any proof of your eligibility as we will automatically be informed of your child(ren)'s entitlement. If we are advised of a change in your circumstances, we will inform you immediately that we will no longer be able to provide a free school meal. If you are unsure whether or not you have completed an application form from the start of the new academic year, please talk to us or feel free to complete a form and let us check for you.
Please note that the paper copy form must be completed in full, paying special attention to providing us with your National Insurance Number or your National Asylum Support Service Reference Number and your date of birth. If this form is not completed in full we will be unable to confirm entitlement.
Click here for the most recent communication sent to parents and carers about Free School Meals Eligibility.