Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
If your child requires extra support and has low attainment in English or Maths we provide additional interventions to help your child feel more confident, and gain the knowledge required to narrow the gap between them and their peers.
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
Catch up Premium Income 2018/19 - £12,000
How is this money being spent?
£12,000 as part time salary of extra HLTAs in English and Maths to provide withdrawal groups and support in targeted intervention with students who did not achieved the expected standard in their KS2 assessments.
This provision includes:
- Lexia reading programme and training of LSAs to deliver
- Ruth Miskin Phonics Programme as part of the Ark English Mastery Provision
- PiXL catch up Maths resources
- Ark Maths Mastery Provision
- Summer school (now funded internally)
- Tutor Time Numeracy Ninja Programme
Find out more by reading our catch up report.
For information on our catch-up premium, please click on the above button.
In this report you will find information on:
- How much premium our Academy received this year
- How we intend to spend the funding
- What we spent our funding on last year
- What difference this made to our students
- How we assessed the effect this had.